A Complaint for Contempt in Massachusetts is filed when a party is not in compliance with a court’s clear order or judgment. If the Court determines that a party has failed to abide by the Court’s clear orders, the Court may impose sanctions and/or order the responsible party to reimburse the complaining party for his or her attorney’s fees.
With each meticulously drafted Complaint for Contempt, Attorney Lauren Popovitch prepares a Motion for Attorney Fees with an Affidavit of Counsel to request these payments.
- Attorney Popovitch has been successful in obtaining Attorney Fees
- Attorney Popovitch has been successful in obtaining orders finding individuals guilty of contempt for: failure to obey a court order and pay support, allow visitation/parenting time, provide health insurance
- On the other side, Attorney Popovitch has successfully defended parties’ against a Complaint for Contempt and drafted meticulous answers to the complaint with requests for Attorney Fees
Whether you desire Attorney Popovitch to file a Complaint for Contempt or to defend against a Complaint for Contempt, Attorney Popovitch will develop a clear strategy and will serve as your strongest advocate.
Post-Divorce Financial Issues
Lauren has experience handling post-divorce financial issues, including:
- Implementation and enforcement of prior judgments or agreements through Contempt actions
- Seeking or defending against modification of alimony